On Thursday, November 1, 2012, Educational Technology Services, Information Technology Services, McCain Library, and Center for Teaching and Learning sponsored an iPad Symposium that highlighted how five faculty members use iPads.
- Rosemary Cunningham uses the iPad to take attendence, grade papers, and take notes at meetings.
- Rafael Ocasio is using the iPad to create an iBook on Latin American Cinema
- Gundolf Graml uses the iPad to help manage his social media endevours.
- Abraham Zablocki took the iPad on a sabatical and provided insights into how it can be used to improve language learning, build relationship with individuals when doing field studies, and reading documents. He did find that it is no substitute for a laptop when conducting research and writing, but it is useful in other ways.
- Lilia Harvey uses the iPad in class to demonstrate chemical concepts in 3D.
Listed below are some of the apps that were recommended during this session.